Wednesday 11 November 2009

Connections



We are all connected to one another, in this world or the next. Through Spirit we find meaning as well as answers to all things. We get messages from Mother nature, about the special relationship we all have to the earth; if you are willing to listen you will be amazed at what you can hear! The four basic elements of Mother Nature (earth, fire, wind and water*) if we open our hearts and listen.


"I feel the Earth move"

Besides the obvious sexual cliche, this phrase has extreme significance for those of us who are intune with the elements.
I became aware of the earth calling me when my daughter was less than a year old. We are fortunate to live in an age of great change, in which the physical and spiritual worlds are merging; I consider myself VERY LUCKY to live in a beautiful part of West Sussex. Our house is less than a mile from the sea and we are surrounded by lots of green, open spaces; which is fantastic for getting to know Mother Nature.
From the moment of my daughters birth, I knew she would have a very special connection with the earth, and Spirit. Born in May, I knew she would always be yearning to get outdoors. As human beings we are born free of pre-conceptions, ideals and we have no expectations; at the moment of our births we remember our lives as they were before and for that exact moment our soul is the purest it will ever be on earth. If we remember these lives, it is a shame that as babies, we do not have the ability to communicate these feelings and memories.


Guardian Angels

Much like a lot of other new born babies my little girl used to stare into the middle distance a lot, only unlike other mothers I was convinced that she was looking at something we, as adults, could not see. It would have been easy to dismiss this as "just something that babies do" or reason that she was focusing on dust particles, but the fact that her eyes seemed to actually see something made me think otherwise. Often as I held her in my arms and looked at her I could feel the bond between us strengthen and I was also aware of a ethereal warmth and love around me. It was during these times that I realised my little girl could see the spirits of MY grandparents; her great-grandparents were quite literally watching over her in a place where she could see them and I could sense them.
As parents we clung to the fact that Caitlin had her ancestors as her guardian Angels, they brought her through her first days and weeks on earth. When she was four months old I took her to one of the biggest parks in our village; a large green space populated with ancient trees and young saplings. I spread a blanket out under the tallest tree in the park and lay my baby girl down so she could see the trees above her. She burbled happily as the sunlight danced across her face through the branches of the trees and I sat down next to her happy that she was happy. For the first few months of her life Caitlin had been in and out of Great Ormond Street hospital as she was born with breathing difficulties. Full of strength and courage she underwent several operations and fought back every step of the way.

To an outsider my trip to the park would have just looked like a routine enough thing; but to me it was an important step to creating an eternal bond with her.

'her happiness flooded into every fibre of my body;
and that day was the first time I felt 'connected' to something important'

Connected

I sat on the grass and closed my eyes for a moment and immedietely felt the earth speak to me. Like a shock of electricity coursing through me; a shiver that eminated from my soul. There were no words, it came to me more as a feeling. In a brief moment I opened my eyes and saw that my baby girl had rolled onto her stomach and was happily watching two dogs playing on the other side of the park. I bent to kiss her on the forehead and I felt another jolt; Mother Nature had more to tell me.
I crossed my legs, closed my eyes and placed my hands on the grass by my sides. Straight away I felt movement; it was slight but I definitely detected the earth's movement.
Our house is close to the sea and we have a south facing garden and soon after my experience in the park I realised that late at night when the air is still and calm I can hear the waves lapping against the rocky shoreline. The earth sent me this wonderful gift and continues to do so whenever I need to be calm.
Since that first day in the park, my ability to sense the earth's movement has increased. To most people the globe turns without a single though, day turns to night and cycle repeats silently - they never give it a single thought. But to those of us that Mother Nature has chosen, we feel that movement every single day.

And I am truly thankful for the gift!

* The Chinese also consider Wood and Metal to be elements of Mother Nature)

No comments:

Post a Comment